How to change your Roku WiFi Without Remote via mobile
Losing the Roku remote is not a big deal. If your Roku is connected to your smartphone, you can easily turn your phone into a Roku remote using the Roku mobile app.
What happens when you go home or you want to change your network provider and you don’t have a Roku remote? You won’t be able to connect to a new network so you can’t link it with your phone.
Still, there’s a workaround for this, too, if it isn’t a simple or quick process. But if you’re left without any choice, you can Connect Roku WiFi Without Remote keep reading this article.
1: PREPARE EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED
Before starting the process, you should prepare everything. You’re going to need two different mobile phones – one will act as a hotspot for your Roku device, while you’ll turn the other one into a Roku remote.
As you will know, it is necessary to know Roku’s wireless network name and password. Apart from this, you will also need to install Roku Mobile App (Android or iOS) on both smartphones so that you can set everything up Roku WiFi Without Remote.
2: How can you connect ROKU to the mobile hotspot using WI-FI
First, you make a hotspot on one of your phones. If you know the SSID of your Roku, then this process is very easy for you:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app on your smartphone.
- Locate the ‘Mobile Hotspot’ menu in the ‘Wi-Fi’ settings. The actual location always depends on the operating system, but may also vary by version.
- Enable mobile hotspot Roku WiFi Without Remote.
- Enter your Roku’s SSID under the Wi-Fi Name (SSID) section.
- Enter the password for that connection.
- Select ‘Save’.
Check if you’ve done everything correctly and then activate your mobile hotspot.
3: Turning from mobile phone remote control
If both your Roku mobile app and your Roku device are connected to the same network, you can easily use the remote feature to navigate the player. Use your mobile phone to connect the wireless hotspot you have created, and follow the below-given step by step:
- Open the Roku app on the other phone.
- After that select the remote button at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait for the remote screen to appear.
The remote displayed on the application must be a carbon copy of your physical stop remote control. So that there is no problem. Try to get your Roku player movements registered.
4: ADJUST WI-FI SETTINGS USING ANOTHER PHONE
If you are easily able to navigate the Roku device, you can easily change the wireless settings. But if you have created a hotspot with the same mobile device Roku WiFi Without Remote with the same DDSN and the same password and used another smartphone to connect it.
- Use the Roku Mobile App to convert other (non-hotspot) phones to the remote.
- Tap the ‘Home’ screen on the app remote.
- Highlight the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Press ‘OK’ on the app remote.
- Proceed to the ‘Network’ menu.
- Connect your Roku to the desired wireless network.
- Disable mobile hotspot on your phone.
- Always connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi you have connected to your Roku.
- Launch the Roku app on your phone.
- Turn the phone into the remote.
If everything went well, your Roku player should register the app remotely as a regular Roku remote. As long as both are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, your phone will act as a remote.
5: SIMPLER WAY – GET A REMOTE
Even such a simple process can make you feel very hopeless if you change the wireless settings on the Roku and you do not have a remote.
Every other time you want to change the connection, you’ll need to reconnect both your Roku and your remote-smartphone to that connection so you can navigate it without a proper remote. The best way to avoid so many processes is to contact your nearest store or Roku customer support and try to get another remote.
Are you also one of those who use their Roku mobile app as a remote control? Do you also think this makes the stop remote useless? So you can share your comment with us.