Last updated on February 20, 2020
Here we will tell you about how to fix Roku Error 003 and 005
Many times you have seen that you face many problems while performing the Roku activation process, Roku account setup and Roku software update. You may also face various Roku errors while performing these tasks. Of all such errors; there is also a Roku software update problem. Before you think about how to fix an error associated with a Roku software update, you need to understand the Roku error 003 and 005.
Here we will tell you about the Roku software update problem.
Sometimes when you encounter difficulties while downloading your Roku update, you will see either Roku error 003 and 005 on your Roku. Their definition is as follows:
Roku error code 003: This error occurs when you are updating the Roku software, the device fails to download the update even when it is connected to the Internet.
Roku error code 005: This error occurs when you try to download a Roku software update, but it fails. The main reason for showing this error is not Internet access or WiFi connectivity issues.
It is important to first connect your router to Roku to access the Internet. Without the Internet, you cannot update your Roku software. Therefore, it is imperative to first correct these errors to complete the software update.
As we know, both errors have arisen for similar reasons. So we have brought some solutions for you. You will learn some troubleshooting tricks of fix with us.
There is some detail about what you should do to download your Roku software naively with us.
Initial steps to fix Roku error 003 and 005
- Turn off your stop device (unplug with power cable.)
- Turn off all lights on Roku devices.
- Unplug the router’s power cable from the socket to turn it off.
- Allow at least 2-3 minutes.
- Turn on your router by plugging in the power cable again.
- Wait until your router reboots appropriately.
- Check your other device too.
- When your router is ready to function properly, restart your Roku device.
- Plug the power cable and power on to stop your stop device.
- Go to the main menu of Roku and choose your correct WiFi network name and enter your correct password.
- Go to roku.com/link and follow the Roku activation process again.
Rebooting the entire system and reconnecting your wifi network works mostly. Now try to update your Roku software. Hopefully, now you will be able to do it easily. This means that it can fix Roku error 003 and 005.
If even after reading this blog, you still face your problems, then you need to talk to our experienced technicians who will be able to resolve your problem easily. Dial our Roku error code support number to get the solution toll-free